Wednesday, May 28, 2014

AP Drawing Concentration Portfolio

This year I took AP Drawing and built a concentration portfolio, which basically means I created ~15 pieces that all centered around a central theme and were made with more or less the same medium.

To no one's surprise my medium was all digital (Photoshop), and my theme revolved around the idea of challenging the way we perceive monsters. Instead of depicting them as your typical mindless beasts or vengeful spirits, I drew them to feel as human as possible. In other words, I managed to get away with drawing monster people for homework....

I made 14 pieces but cut out a few that didn't follow the theme enough, or were otherwise not strong enough to include in the portfolio that I submitted to the AP judging board. Here is the final portfolio:


Selfie


Walk


Snow 


Appointment


Study time


Commute


Kids in the park


6 steps to healthier fur


Coffee


Road trip




No comments:

Post a Comment